– Recommended Nearby Reading PA Restaurants –
The inn may be tucked away on seven acres – but it isn’t secluded from great dining options including some of the best Reading PA Restaurants. The greater Reading area offers many delectable treats. Within twenty minutes you can find everything from ice cream served out of a giant cone to the best steakhouse in Berks County.
- Willoughby’s on Park is Berks County’s premier fine dining Steakhouse. They specialize in exceptional steak, seafood and cocktails www.willoughbysonpark.com
- Judy’s on Cherry is a Mediterranean-inspired fine dining experience just inside Reading. Our Gluten Free and Vegan guests particularly appreciate Judy’s menu options www.judysoncherry.com
- Salute Ristorante is an authentic Italian restaurant less than ten minutes from the inn. A great option if you want delicious food that is close by or delivered to the inn www.saluteristorante.com
- Austin’s offers American fare and is a local favorite. Take-out is available www.austinsrestaurant.com
- Go Fish is a great option for Sushi and seafood. Located near the inn for dining in or select from their take-out menu www.gofishseafood.com
- Ozgood’s is our “neighborhood” grill and bar offering local favorites like deep fried pickles. Take out is available. www.ozgoodsgrillandbar.com
- Red Plate Diner is a traditional diner offering breakfast all day and a varied lunch and dinner menu. Take out is available www.redplatediner.com
- Paradise By The Slice is the closest pizza and sandwich shop and delivers to the inn www.paradisebytheslice.com
Pennsylvania Ice Cream:
- Pennsylvania has an Ice Cream Trail with more than 30 creameries. Check out the creameries located in South Central PA https://www.visitpa.com/trip-itinerary/scoops-dutch-country-roads
- The Cone is a great local stop, especially in June when peaches from Preston Orchard are whipped into a wonderful soft serve. The ice cream is served out of a cone shaped shop with outdoor seating. Find them on Facebook
- Plum Creek is wonderful after a long paddle or hike around Blue Marsh Lake. They offer ice cream, lunch options and a market www.plumcreekfarmmarket.com
- Sweet Ride offers tasty ice cream treats in West Reading, PA www.sweetrideicecream.com
Wineries, Breweries & Mederies:
- West Reading, PA offers breweries and wine bars, including a guest favorite Chatty Monks https://visitwestreading.com/eat-drink/
- Rebel Hive is a family owned/operated meadery not far from the inn www.rebelhivemeadery.com
- Berks Wine Trail showcases eleven area wineries and a meadery. Check out the map and upcoming events www.berkscountywinetrail.com/
- Clover Hill Winery is the closest vineyard and winery to the inn www.cloverhillwinery.com
Incredible Place!! Magnificent Surroundings!! Lovely Hosts!!
We stayed one night at The South Mountain Inn in June…
Matt and Kedri were super friendly, warm, helpful and knowledgeable…Matt recommended Austin’s for dinner, which was superb….Thanks Matt!! Breakfast was delicious and freshly prepared by lovely Kedri who sat with us and was very interesting to talk to.
What a great discovery!! We are sure to become return guests in our next trips to the area. Definitely one of the best B&Bs we have been to. Great Place!! Great Hosts!!